Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sunday, April 4, 2010 – Easter Sunday

We decided that today we would go for a ride. Everyone (except me) has had time to relax, and we really didn’t want to let the horses go any longer without getting under saddle. It’s been almost a month, after all. Well, they have obviously been feeling their oats, so I put a lead on them, found a clear spot at a nearby campsite, and ran them around in circles for about 20 minutes each, getting some of their excess energy out of the way. It was a good job I did that, because they were both really frisky once we got under way. We managed to keep them in a controlled walk for the first mile or so, then came up on a hill that they just insisted on running up, so we let them, knowing that would help release some of their pent up adrenaline. After doing that a few times, they settled down to their old selves again. Passed two other groups of riders on the trail, and they behaved themselves well enough, even though one group had rather curious dogs. After awhile, fortunately, everything seemed to be back to normal, though Hubby’s mare seemed friskier than she’d ever been, which he rather likes anyway. A lovely day, though not exactly the "day off" I had anticipated, and I guess I got enough relaxation to feel better afterwards. At least I wasn’t hovering over a hot computer all day!