Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday, May 1, 2010 - May Day

Have absolutely no chance of getting a satellite signal here, and there's also no cell phone service either. Spent the day doing laundry and sitting in the pickup. I went to the office to register and discovered a multitude of facilities, including a swimming pool and museum, with various events being planned. It was a very busy office. Once I paid, I headed up the mountain (where I discovered how bad the other half of the road was) to search for a cell phone signal. We've been called out of town on business again, and I had to find a place to board the horses and dogs for a few days next week. Had to go all the way to the top of the hill before I had a signal sufficient to get broadband for my computer access. Was there for nearly four hours trying to track down the information that I needed before heading back to camp. We decided not to try to go riding, as another rider had told us the trails were very rocky, and some were nearly washed out. Her husband's horse almost went over the edge of a cliff! So we felt the time better spent getting ready for the busy week ahead.