Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday, November 5, 2010 - Rest Day

Had an excellent night sleep, not getting out of bed until well past 10:00! Went to feed the horses and discovered the camp hosts had let two of their horses wander, which was fine (as long as they don't steal our hay or try to chew the paint off our vehicles, especially my new truck!). Our horses weren't bothered by them, but they were happy to be fed, considering the late hour. Spent the day getting caught up on work. I had been having trouble getting on the internet for several days in Colorado (I think our host's Wild Blue satellite dish had moved), and here, amazingly enough, I have two bars of cell phone signal, making a Verizon broadband connection quite fast. The hostess, Christy, stopped by and hand-drew a map for us, as I haven't been able to find one on the internet for this area, and had a beer with us. Despite our long night sleep last night, we're still both a bit tired, so I made a pot of chicken soup we can munch on all evening before we crash!