Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday, February 3, 2011 - Rain Day

Cold and wet all day, woke up to a layer of ice covering the tarp over the hay, the generator, and everything else out in the open. Got the horses out of the trailer where they had spent the night. Hubby spent most of it watching TV and I worked on finding more horse camps in the south and east, which I had done before but got lost when my computer crashed and I didn't realize that Carbonite wasn't saving my Google Earth My Places (which I now move to a file that I know will be backed up regularly). Mostly found places in Florida, which, judging by the unusually cold weather, is going to be where we stay for the next 6-8 weeks. Put the horses in the trailer again for the night, as the forecast was for 100% chance of rain and lows near freezing. Sure wish we'd made it to Florida before now, not looking forward to yet another day of cold wet weather, but we'll just have to hunker down and suffer through it! At least we're not having 60 inches of snow, which seems to be the norm for everyone north of the Mason-Dixon!