Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - Travel Day to Houston

Woke to the alarm again, packed up, grabbed coffee to go, dropped the dogs off at just after 10:00, no problem with traffic, made it to National Airport in plenty of time. Grabbed a quick breakfast at the Dunkin Donuts in the main hall of the airport before heading through security. No metal detectors here, everyone goes through the scanner of gets patted down. In fact, even after going through the scanner the woman started to pat me down around my thigh area. As I was wearing a dress, I quickly started to lift my dress, offering to show her everything she needed to see (which I prefer to being physically searched anyway) and she immediately stopped and let me pass. It’s getting ridiculous really, that we are all treated like criminals, and they waste all our resources NOT profiling those who are out to kill us. Anyway, that’s another rant. The flight was uneventful, though when we arrived, the town car I had arranged failed to show up, and when I called them they claimed they though the order was for 7:30, even though the internet confirmation clearly stated 4:30. We grabbed a minivan cab instead, and made it to the Embassy Suites hotel downtown in less than half an hour. Got settled in, ordered Chinese food to be delivered, anticipating a good night sleep. Temperatures over 100 degrees here!

No comments: