Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 - Runaround Day

 Started out the day with spring cleaning, something I’ve been meaning to do since we arrived, albeit slowly over time. Managed to get several kitchen cupboards done before breakfast. After breakfast we had a visit with a farrier that I had made an appointment with last week, a fantastic farrier that specializes in natural hoof care named Frank Tobias. Excellent! Not only did he do probably the best trim job I’ve ever seen on my horses, he explained everything to me in clear detail so that I can keep it up throughout the year. What I’ve been doing habitually is to get a pro to do it once a year, then I try to keep it up myself throughout the rest of the year, and I’m always concerned I’m not doing it quite right, but Frank was very complimentary about how good their feet looked (though obviously in need of a good trim), he said I was doing a pretty good job. He took a lot of time helping me understand, he said he’s always happy to help someone who is interested in hoof care, especially barefoot care (though he is also a farrier as well. If you need a farrier in South Florida, this is the guy! Afterward, we spent the day running around, picking things up for the RV repairs, grocery shopping and generally just having a regular day, followed by a gorgeous sunset!

No comments: