Sunday, April 29, 2012

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - REST DAY!!!

 Slept late, went down to the usual breakfast buffet in this fabulous hotel (though I have to admit, I finally had to pass on the Gallo Pinto, CR’s national breakfast food. I’ve had just about as much frijoles and arroz, i.e. rice and beans, as I can take right now!) The day was blustery and cool, a refreshing change from the heat we’ve been experiencing everywhere else in CR, but not a good day for the pool, so we ended up staying in our room, reading and sleeping, not ONCE tempted to turn on the TV. At home it ALWAYS on, but we haven’t had access, and now we don’t really have interest. I’m sure nothing has changed much since we left! Went back to the bar around 3:00 for ice cream and coffee (and a little something extra just to celebrate our vacation), then went back up for more rest. Finished off the day with a lovely dinner before packing and retiring early, preparing for our early wakeup tomorrow.

No comments: