Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday, July 9, 2010 - Acclimatize Day

Well, the hat did the trick, I had the best night's sleep in a week. It seems that it helped equalize my body temp, so instead of going from hot flash to freezing in a matter of moments, I actually kept pretty comfortable all night long, though it was quite cold in the RV this morning. I fed and watered the horses (it was actually warmer outside) while Hubby got breakfast going, though he was still having some problems getting a little short of breath. Because we had to set up in the cold rain yesterday, he took a little chill in his chest, so that exacerbates the problem a bit, so I made some hot oatmeal, then sent him back to bed. I also spent a little time working on his mare's front hooves, they were due for a trim. Meanwhile, a number of large horse trailers have arrived, and a group or two have gone off for a trail ride. I don't know if they're staying for the weekend or if they are just here for the day, we'll soon find out. During the afternoon, I decided to do a good deed and spend some time doing some "yard work." So many trees had been cut down, and no cleanup had been done, so there was thousands of sticks and branches all over the ground, so many that it actually made it hard to walk from the RV to the horse corrals, even though they're only 50 feet away. So I started a fire in the fire pit and threw in as much loose stuff as I could, at least getting all the medium-sized and a lot of the smaller stuff burned. Still a bit of a mess, but at least it's better than before. It tired me out though, with the thin air, so I was ready to come in for dinner. Hubby felt better after having spent more time in bed, so we did a water run, then settled down for the night.