Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - Runaround/Medical Day

Hubby left early to find a detail shop to get the new horse trailer washed and vacuumed up, as well as the van, but after several hours, he returned saying he couldn't find it, so he ended up going to a self-serve car wash where he at least got most of the dirt off. As soon as he got back, I headed out to the Sadler Clinic, for an appointment with a physical therapist to try to finally work out the kinks in my shoulder. Though I've made great progress over the past year, there's still some tightness, and lately it's been bone rubbing on bone and a lot of clicking going on, which I know is bound to create more problems later, so I figured I better get help to get it fixed up right. After several false starts, I ended up going to the Urgent Care center to get x-rays (which no one looked at, as far as I could tell), and a doctor's order so that I could get an appointment with the physical therapist, Catherine. She worked me through a number of exercises and did some ultrasound, all of which helped. She didn't really believe my interpretation of what happened, and tried to tell me part of the problem was aging and psychosomatic (which I know isn't true, but I just smiled and kept quiet), and in the end, we made another appointment on Friday and I left with a rubber stretch band to continue with some of the exercises at home, though I'm not sure what I can tie it up to (she suggested a door, but I don't really have one with enough room to exercise around). Whatever, I'll figure it out. I just felt that since we will be here at least 2-3 weeks, it may be my best chance to get it straighted out once and for all. Did laundry in the evening, so we're all set for whatever comes over the weekend.

No comments: