Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday, October 31, 2011 - Happy Halloween! Travel Day to Redden State Forest

Skies were clear and cold, hard to get started, but we forced ourselves to get going pretty early anyway. Nevertheless, it was almost ten by the time we were departing the RV dump. The drive was a pretty easy one, with no problems getting lost. Fortunately Gracie (my GPS) got us here without any incidents, though a little later than we had hoped, around 3:30 or so. I felt terrible the whole drive, really under the weather, with the same symptons I’ve had all weekend. I let Hubby do all the running around to decide whether we were going to start in the campground or out by the lodge, which was more convenient to water. He ended up decided to the lodge, because of the water and because it had an easier shot for the satellite dish, so we filled up with water and headed up there. The ranger said we could stay there until Friday, but that since the lodge was rented for the weekend we would have to move then, which is fine with us. Our plans are in flux at the moment. So we parked behind the lodge, found two nice trees to highline the horses, and got settled in. I was in slow motion, though, I wasn’t as much help as usual because of how awful I felt. Finally got everything set up and settled in, hoping my health improves so we can enjoy our time off!

No comments: