Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday, October 12, 2012 - Cell Phone Signal Search

With no cell phone signal, and lots of work piling up, I set out to find a cell phone signal good enough to connect with the internet using my aircard. My first attempt was to go down to another camping area that one of the rangers had mentioned might have a signal and was another option to where we could camp with the horses. Unfortunately, it was another 10 miles north, and through many windy, twisty roads, and lower in elevation than we were, and, unfortunately, there was no more of a cell signal there either. Then I headed back toward camp, bypassing it to go a little higher, thinking higher altitude might help, once I crested the mountain. That didn’t help, and then the road back downhill kept going further and further into the valley, with no place to turn around, so I went miles MORE out of the way in vain. Finally found a place to turn around, headed back to camp to drop off the horse trailer so I didn’t get caught not being able to turn around again, then headed off AGAIN, this time south to the main highway, finally getting a signal just before reaching Route 30. I ducked into the state park parking lot and spent more than an hour working, emailing, etc. before finally heading back to camp, feeling like most of the day was wasted driving around. At least I got done what needed to be done!

No comments: