Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - Good-bye To Niece, New Tire, Runaround Day

Woke up fairly early, though the flight wasn't leaving until 1:30, had breakfast, my niece got everything packed up, and we headed out. Fortunately another nice day with just a few clouds and a small possibility of rain. Arrived at the airport early, got a gate pass so I could sit with my niece until her plane boarded. There was extra TSA personnel there, so I was a bit concerned, but I figured their extra scrutiny should make it an even safer flight. After she boarded, I headed out, got gas, dropped off the wheel, backtracked to Lowes to return some stuff and to purchase more stuff, stopped at White Castle for a quick lunch (only place on the way, pretty horrible food), picked up the tire, stopped at Walmart, then headed back to camp, arriving just before 5:00. Hubby and I packed up everything we could, as we're leaving again tomorrow. It's a pretty long drive across the state, and we want to give Minnesota one last chance to change our impression of it, willing to accept that maybe it was just the management at this one camp that was so negative, so we selected the farthest west horse camp we could find, Maplewood State Park, to go to for the weekend. Settled down for the evening, ready to get back on track with our journey.

No comments: