Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday, August 3, 2012 - Short Ride and Visit with Friends at Cayuga Lake Cottage

After breakfast, Hubby and I saddled up the horses for a quick ride around Beth’s property. They have about five acres of scrub trees, shrubs and bushes that they’ve very cleverly bush-hogged a bunch of trails through, to provide a meandering feel of a much larger space. It was a bit hot in the sun, but it was a good shake-down ride in any event, enough to get the horses stretched out. We trotted and even cantered in a few places, and just as we were heading back to the barn, I discovered I had lost my phone! After a brief look around, we realized that we’d never find it in the long grass without hearing it ring, so we went back to the RV, put the horses away, then got on Skype on the computer so we could ring the phone. I took the walkie talkie and the dogs and started walking around the field. After several trials and errors, and at one point taking the dogs back to the RV because they were panting so hard in the heat I couldn’t hear anyting (though Billy slipped out and found me again anyway), I finally managed to locate the phone, right where I had been looking but would never had seen it, it was so deep in the grass. Shucks, I was kind of hoping I’d be able to persuade Verizon into letting me upgrade three weeks early, darn it! Anyway, job done, we showered and got dressed and headed down to Cayuga Lake to visit a friend and her husband at their cottage. Had a lovely afternoon with them, before heading back in the evening.

No comments: