Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - Too smoky and cold to ride, again

Smoke even worse this morning, the overnight cold air pushed it all into a low ceiling just above us. While Hubby was getting breakfast ready, I started searching for alternatives nearby, just to get out of it. By the time we finished breakfast, though, the air had warmed up enough to release most of the smoke, so we decided to stay after all. Didn't get a ride in though, still to cold a wind. Someone said they heard on the radio this was the coldest winter in N. Florida in 30 years! Sounds about right. When I moved from upstate NY to W. Palm Beach in 1976, they had snowfall all the way down to N. Miami that winter (76/77). I remember all the environmentalists then going on about nuclear freezing and planet cooling. This from folks who can't get the weather forecast right more than two days in advance (and even then get it wrong more often than not!) I like what Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) said, "We have climate change in Tennessee... four times a year."

Anyway, spent the day working on the computer, finding more horse camping sites and placemarking them on Google Earth. Then around 4:30, I suddenly got an error on Google Earth, and it had to close itself. When I reopened it, all of my work for the entire day was gone! Never happened like that before, I was not a happy camper! So I started to recoup them from my browsing history, and that will be one of the chores of the day tomorrow. But I'm still determined to get a ride in, the temps are supposed to reach 65! My knee is better, my cold is annoying but not debilitating, no more excuses!