Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday, March 12, 2010 - Computer Buying Day

Packed up and headed straight for the Best Buy. While I've always had Toshiba laptops, they didn't have one that was as small as I wanted (at least, not one with a CD player), so I decided on a compact little Dell. I wanted something that was smaller and lighter, since so much of our travel these days is on airplanes, so the Inspiron 1440 was my choice. Little did I know that Windows would do it to me again. Every computer had Windows 7 on it, once again my operating system of choice and knowledge (XP) was unavailable. After assurances from the sales guy that it was a great system (and I didn't have much time to decide), we headed out the door and up the road to a new horse camp, Gum Springs Horse Trail in the northern part of Kisatchie National Forest.
We had loved Cane Camp in the south part of the same forest, and this one was pretty good as well, though not quite as nice. I forgot to take a pic, sorry. It was conveniently located right off the highway, although that made it noisy with the traffic. There were water spigots scattered around the camping area, toilets, but there really wasn't any place that was level for the RV. It did have corrals all around, but most were too muddy to use. A lot of pros and cons, but fine for just staying overnight. Rather than using the corrals, we just highlined the horses nearby to keep their feet dry. I got to work trying to make sense out of my new computer, and the more I tried, the more confused I got. Not happy with the new Windows 7 layout, and there's no Outlook Express! Going to have to figure out how email is supposed to work with this thing! Went to bed frustrated, which is never good when you're trying to sleep!