Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - The Last Big Push

Headed out early again, with yet another change in plans. We decided our two long hops plan and getting in a day early to rest would be better than our original three short hops plan. It was a straight shot on the freeway, rather than having to travel the backroads, so we'd actually end up saving time and gas. So off we went, with a bead on one of our favorite places, Pohick Bay, anticipating an arrival about 5:30. We made good time, and actually arrived at just before 5:00, with lots of daylight left to get the horses settled in and actually have an evening. Since there is no wireless signal at Pohick Bay yet (they're still working on it), I had to go looking for a wireless signal. Ordinarily I would go down to a shopping center a few miles away, but it occurred to me that the Gunston Hall next door might have one, so I headed over there. Unfortunately the gate was locked, so I pulled into a little Baptist Church to turn around, and lo and behold, there was an open signal there. I checked my email and did some more downloading, which took much longer than expected (duh!), and again, made it back about dark, to a starving and cranky Hubby. At least I didn't have to go far!