Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday, August 5, 2011 - Work and Massage Day

Finished off the workshop by about 1:00, so we schedule a massage at the Bliss Spa, which happened to be on the 16th floor of the hotel. My chiropractor had recommended I try a deep tissue massage for my shoulder, and I discovered in their brochure in my room that they offered a sport massage that included deep tissue, so I thought I would give it a try. Hubby’s been suffering some back problems in the mornings, so he opted for a more relaxing massage. It seemed like truly an indulgence at the time, but by the time my therapist Monica was through, I felt that she had accomplished more toward achieving long term relief than any of the chiropractors or physical therapists I had gone to in the last two years combined! A great job! Hubby enjoyed his, too, so it made it a nice treat. We hadn’t gone to a spa since a cruise back in about 2004, so we figured it was time, especially since mine was truly for medical reasons. Anyway, we had a quick dinner at a French restaurant across the street (a lovely seafood bisque), then once again got to bed early, as tomorrow we move hotels and get ready for our second job here in Atlanta.

No comments: