Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday, August 8, 2011 - Travel to Rochester Day-I Hate Delta More!

Car arrived right on time (ten minutes early), and we headed straight out to the airport in light traffic. Had breakfast at the Atlanta Bread Co. in the Atrium, then headed down to our gate for our final (forever!) Delta flight. Not surprisingly, we encountered yet another challenge on the plane. As we were seated, we started to buckle up, and discovered that there was some kind of black, sticky stuff all over the blade of the seat belt insert. Hubby noticed it first on his, though at first he thought is was grease of some kind, then I found the same thing on mine. Perfect! I was wearing a white dress! We pointed it out to the flight attendant, who handed me a couple of wetnaps so that I could clean them up before putting them on. Turns out it was gum, that had obviously been there quite a long time to get that dirty. Yuck! Doesn’t matter what Delta does, our relationship is cursed, and we’re never flying Delta again! In fact, when we were walking through the Atlanta airport, some young man tried to flag me down to apply for a Delta credit card, and I pointedly said, "After this, I’m never flying Delta again!" Even if it’s the only non-stop flight, I’ve had it with them! Anyway, we arrived safely, which is the most important thing, drove home with one stop for groceries, glad to be back to the critters! Going to bed fairly early, as these travel days always wear us out!

No comments: